Paradise Falls Fishing Regulations
1. All Members and their guests, 16 years or older, must register to fish at Paradise Falls and secure a PF fishing badge. In order to receive a fishing badge, members and their guests must also present a current year PA Resident or Non-Resident fishing license at the Stumpf Cottage on Sycamore Road (formerly Pine Road) between 8-10 am and 5-7 pm.
2. The cost of a fishing badge for members is an annual fee of one dollar ($1). A guest fishing badge will be issued after prepayment of a fee of five dollars ($5) per day; under age 16 there is no daily fee. A ten dollar ($10) deposit on the guest badge is required and will be refunded when the badge is returned.
3. A guest must have a member sponsor on the grounds that will be responsible for their conduct and ensure their guests are familiar with the Paradise Falls Fishing rules and regulations as outlined in the bylaws.
4. Between the bottom of the dam breast and the top of the falls, only standard fly rods and reels with artificial flies and streamers constructed of natural or synthetic materials.
5. Spinning and casting rods and reels with worms, minnows, spoons, eggs and bobbers may be used in the lake or in the pool at the base of the falls.
6. Paradise Falls’ daily limits: Four (4) fish from the lake or two (2) from the stream with a minimum of 8-inch length from either location.
7. Guest ministers preaching at Paradise Falls between opening weekend and closing weekend and staying in the Paradise Falls apartment (as well as their spouses and children) shall be permitted to fish without the fee; however, they must register at the Stumpf Cottage, present a current Pennsylvania fishing license, receive and wear a guest badge and follow Paradise Falls fishing regulations.
8. Both members and guests must visually wear their Paradise Falls badges at all times.
Failure to comply with the above stated regulations will result in the following actions:
First offense: Warning with full knowledge of the Board of Directors.
Second offense: Possible loss of fishing privileges during the current season up to permanent loss of privileges depending upon the recommendation of the Hunting and Fishing Committee and the decision of the Board of Directors.
Membership defined as follows:
A) Husband a) Father
B) Wife b) Mother
C) Children c) Sisters
D) Sons/ d) Brothers
E) Grandchildren e) Nieces/Nephews
F) A person f) Aunts &
who resides Uncles
in the household g) Anyone else who is not
of the member the member listed on the membership
Paradise Falls Hunting Regulations:
1. All members must register at the designated PFLA cottage by presenting a current Pennsylvania hunting license and receiving a member badge before any hunting can be done on the grounds.
2. A guest hunter, accompanied by his host member, must register at the designated PFLA cottage by presenting a current Pennsylvania hunting license and receiving a guest badge at the prepaid fee of ten dollars ($10.00) per day, paid in advance before the guest can hunt on the grounds. If the designated PFLA representative is not available to issue badges, members and their guests may contact the Caretaker to receive badges.
3. Member hunters are limited to one (1) guest per membership, and the guest must be accompanied on the hunt by the sponsoring Pennsylvania licensed member, or the guest cannot hunt on the grounds.
4. Any illegal game killed by accident or on purpose must be reported to the designated PFLA cottage or a member of the Hunting and Fishing Committee and the local game warden.
5. Any hunter (member or guest) who is caught in the act of hunting without a current PA hunting license, killing game illegally or destroying/damaging property will lose the privilege of hunting on PFLA property in the future.
6. Absolutely no sidearms may be carried on any person under any circumstances unless specifically permitted by the Committee for a specific purpose and time.
7. Each hunter under the age of eighteen (18) must meet and follow the Pennsylvania hunting regulations and be accompanied by one (1) adult member with current PA hunting license during the hunt (one on one).
8. Both members and guests must visually wear their PFLA badges at all times while hunting.
9. All persons hunting on the first day of regular deer season are required to attend the general meeting held the Sunday evening before to explain where on the grounds they will be hunting. They should ask at the designated PFLA cottage for time and location of the meeting.
10. It is the responsibility of all members to support the PFLA hunting regulations by notifying the designated PFLA cottage or a member of the Hunting and Fishing Committee of any violations.
11. Failure to comply with the above-stated regulations will result in the following actions:
First offense: Warning only with full knowledge of the Board of Directors.
Second offense: Possible loss of hunting privilege during the current season tip to permanent loss of privileges, depending on the recommendation of the Hunting and Fishing Committee and the decision of the Board of Directors.
Signed: The Hunting and Fishing Committee
Passed: PFLA Board of Directors (11/17/90)
Order a hunting or Fishing license through the State of Pennsylvania’s “Outdoor Shop”
View hunting and fishing regulations for the the State of Pennsylvania at the Game Commission Website